Now an employee can withdraw their PF online. To understand how online PF withdrawal works or how to withdraw PF online, one must also understand the eligibility criteria for the same.
An applicant is eligible to withdraw their PF online if they fulfill the eligibility requirements. For an applicant can withdraw PF online the process they need to follow is:
How To Withdraw PF Online?
- Log on to the eSewa portal and enter UAN number along with your password.
- The manage tab is for managing and editing details such as PAN, Aadhaar, Bank account details, etc.
- An applicant can cross-check their details, and if accurate, they can click on the Claim button, under the Online Services option.
- The Claim form will be populated with an applicant’s details online. At the end of the page, the applicant can select proceed for an online claim.
- In the PF form, an applicant is required to select the type of withdrawal. Some of the types include PF withdrawal, Pension, PF advance, etc.
- After an applicant selects the type/claim of PF, the applicant must fill out the rest of the form and authenticate his/her details using Aadhaar-enabled OTP.
An applicant can track their claims online by clicking on the Track Claim Status option (under Online Services).
To be eligible for online PF withdrawal or to withdraw PF online, an individual must:
- Activate their UAN or Universal Account Number. An individual must also link their UAN with their mobile number in order to activate UAN.
- An applicant must also fill in their bank and IFSC details in the EPFO database.
- Aadhaar details must be entered in the EPFO database. An applicant must also verify their eKYC details through OTP (mobile-based).
- If the applicant has less than 5 years of service experience, then he/she needs to link their PAN number with the EPFO database.
Only if an applicant fulfills the above eligibility criteria, can they withdraw their PF online? If any of the listed requirements are missing, then an applicant must visit the e-Sewa portal (EPFO portal).